CAPTAIN JOHNSON NOW IN CHARGE OF FERGUSON SITUATION
"I’m going to march with you. There won’t be a police line."
This makes me so happy. We are getting somewhere!
Matilda has abdominal lumps. They’re hard, maybe the size of a cherry, and I felt at least two. They were not there last Sunday. I am so torn on what to do. She HATES humans. She’s quit biting me, but she will scream and scream and scream whenever she’s handled. I really only touch her for a weekly physical exam. It invariably stresses her out so much. Her eyes and nose will be crusted with porphyrin shortly after I handle, no matter how gentle I am or how little I’ve touched her. She puffs up and hisses when any other person is even in the room. I can’t imagine what going to the vet would be like for her.
She’s also over two, angry, and grieving. She saw me take her lifelong cagemate away and never return. She eats and explores, and will tolerate the other rats, but she misses Chloe. Heck, if I take any other rat out, she paces in front of the doors all puffed out until I bring them back. I don’t have a clue what to do. I want to take her in and get the lumps removed, but I can’t imagine how hard and stressful that would be. I’m feeling guilty for even thinking about not taking her in until it’s time to end it. Losing Chloe hit me hard, and I honestly wasn’t expecting Matilda to ever really get over it. I don’t know what to even do.
As long as it isn’t a saftey hazard, I don’t see why we can’t have them. And yeah, if the tattoo is inappropriate or if your plugs have something inappropriate on them, then I can see why they would want them covered up it taken out. But if you have blue hair and the store or whatever wont hire you because of that, fuck them. I like your blue hair, I’ll hire you.
One hundred percent support
i cant even tell you how sick to fucking death of this body policing bullshit i am. its 2014, we’ve cloned sheep, get the fuck over it and hire a person with cotton candy pink hair and metal in their face, what the fuck is the problem???
Tonight at the Island Church, the lady who’s been giving me shit about my blue hair told me “Keep being different. It suits you.”
Chloe is gone. It ended up being a massive abdominal tumor wrapping around her organs. I gave consent for her to be euthanized before coming off anesthesia. I feel like I didn’t get to say the right goodbye, but this way she doesn’t have the downward spiral of pain and suffering.
Chloe and Calvin get dropped off first thing tomorrow. I’m worried about Chloe. As near as I can guess, she’s 26 months. I’ve never had a rat really get over 2 years. The vet didn’t seem concerned when she examined her Tuesday. Everything I’ve read has me pretty convinced without being spayed, she’s going to just fight the infection until she’s too weak to keep going. She’s already developing blisters from being so bloated she walks weird. I know this is for the best, I’m just worried.
Calvin’s foot isn’t improving, but it’s not getting worse. The plan is to open that up and scrape it clean. I’ve been warned it could end up being a chronic condition, especially since I can’t pinpoint a cause. If that is the case, as long as he’s active and acting like he’s fine, we’ll just deal with it as we can.
Copperplate took her release very well. She twined easily around my hands one last time before slithering swiftly away into the compost pile. She seemed to be glad to be home. My mom isn’t happy with me. She thinks letting her go is making my depression worse. My argument was “What’s worse? Letting her go while she’s still healthy? Or eventually having to clean her remains out of the cage because I couldn’t do what is best for her?” Mom can’t argue that point. She tells me we’ll have to see what the pet store in Marquette has when we go there next month. I didn’t say anything. I won’t be able to afford anything. I just bummed money off her to take Chloe to the vet.
Chloe is appearing really bloated and has a pussy discharge from her vagina. This started Saturday night. I have the Cephalaxin for Calvin, so I made the assumption it’s a uterine infection and scaled the dose to her weight. At the time, I diddn’t know when I’d be able to get to the vet. Now she has an appointment for tomorrow afternoon. I’m going to be honest and upfront. I just hope I made the right decision.
Calvin’s foot isn’t showing any improvement, but it’s not really worse. I did give everyone a pretty thorough exam last night. Everyone else seems fine. Calvin’s still scheduled for a Friday neutering and probably going to have his foot excised.
Soap is pretty non-responsive. He’s not eating or drinking much, but he hides when I open the cage. I don’t know if he’s going to last much longer.